Monday, September 15, 2008

Personal Update 4

ABI Class
The Lord willing we will meet tomorrow night. I am looking for to sharing with you some new insights I have taken from Psalms 83 and the Feast of Trumpets. These are truly exciting times!
Personal Update:
I have had 2 post-operative procedures that have not been successful in getting the implant to graft. Therefore, I am waiting to hear from MUSC to return to the surgery for a procedure called a "re-float". This is the same experience I had with my right eye last Spring, but "Praise the Lord for His many blessings" when I woke up in recovery I could see! So, I am praying that it will be same this time!
News and Views
  1. Hurricane Ike was devastating! We must pray for those living along the Gulf Coast who have suffered a great loss.
  2. The recent failure of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, and Lehman Brothers cast a dark shadow over our financial future. AIG along with some other financial institutions may also go under. The impact of the weather disasters on the treasury will not be determined for some time.
  3. The election has revealed a national spiritual shift from a Biblical worldview to a secular one. In fact, for the first time in my memory, people of faith are penalized. A good example can be seen in the media treatment of Sarah Palin.

2 comments:

Hope said...

Oh Pastor Freddie, you are in Scott and my prayers! We miss you all very much and will see you at Jubilee!!

Anonymous said...

Hope the days go by for you quickly as you wait until the next procedure. I know you must be eager for it be performed.